We might be a little bit biased here at swimspahottubs.com but we think swim spas are often better than a swimming pool in many circumstances. But also there are time when a pool would be more appropriate. Take this Swim Spa VS Pools match up with a pinch of salt as it is just a bit of fun while we are bored in the office!
A Swim Spa Is Better Because
- Workouts are much more intense due to the strong current the jets can push out. (meaning you have to work out for less time to get the same results as you would with a swimming pool).
- They often double up as a hot tub for relaxation.
- They do not require a large amount of space (in comparison to a pool).
- They are potentially much cheaper to install (above ground only – in ground swim spas will cost about the same as a pool).
- They are much quicker to install
- They are warm all year round.
- They may not require a protective child proof fence around them (check your local state laws)
- They are great to relax in with friends.
- Easier to install indoors
- Your neighbor has a pool and a swim spa is more prestigious (admit it, its going to feel good beating the Jonses)
- They can easily be used by more than one person at a time
- Children will probably enjoy using a pool more
- They are easy to maintain with less moving and breakable parts than a swim spa (think water jets and pumps)
- Parts will be much more available when something does break as swimming pools are much more common.
- You can do many more exercises and activities
These points are just food for thought. Ultimately only you can decide what is going to better for your personal situation.If you were to ask us, we will tell you a swim spa is much better – but then we would wouldn’t we! The truth is that some people will find a swim spa better, and others will find a pool better. It all comes down to what you want to use it for. Want a pure fitness machine that will make your swimming workouts test your mettle for years to come? Want something that can be used by the whole family at once?
Can you think of any more arguments for or against a swim spa – leave a comment in the comments section below to let us know!